Warrior Mommy and Me Playgroup
January 28, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, repeating until July 29, 2019
A Mommy and child playgroup.
Come Sister, feel your thunder, and find your light while your little one plays with all their might.
Nothing prepares you for becoming a Mother. Not the latest book, Ted Talk or Hypnobirthing Class. Not the most well-intentioned friends, family members, not even Thor for a partner can. It is the most challenging, yet most rewarding thing we will ever do. With so much noise around us, including our own inner voices of doubt, it’s easy to feel lost and overwhelmed in the ever flowing storms of life. Even the moms we consider super mom, can find themselves in comparison and questioning if they’re doing things right.
We’ll let you in on a little secret though; we all have no clue what we are doing, we all make mistakes and we all feel scared at times, but what we have learned is that if we come together as one “tribe”, finding strength & compassion in the women around us – the more connected we feel to ourselves and the ones we love, and the more courage we have to celebrate who we are and how well we are (really) doing as mothers.
“Kids don’t need a perfect Mom, they just need a happy one” – Unknown.
Whether you’re raising a single little warrior or a whole army, the truth remains: we are the first of our Ancestors in history to go it alone. We have always stayed in community because it is in our nature and we are quite literally hard wired for human connection. How can we possibly give it to our beloved little ones, if we don’t first give it to ourselves. If we gather and share our true feelings, and listen to each other; we may notice that there is far more that unites us than separates us, and we are so much stronger together.
What you will find awaiting you each week:
* A well clean, padded, safe play space for your mini Warriors to unleash their inner fire breathing dragons, just in time for a nice snack and nap.
* Foam kid-friendly swords, balls to roll around on, tumble mats and more
* A quiet zen-room for nursing or for moments of rest
* A restful space for a tired mama to take a quick nap or have a moment to breathe while her little warrior is safely and joyfully playing with other mothers and babies in the room next door.
* A comfortable, compassionate space to Gather and be with each other: to be seen, to be heard, to be valued.
* Warm tea, fresh water, and light snacks
* A mini or full energy replenishing session with WOTL owner and Warrior-Mom Beth Sturdevant. (additional cost and registration required)
WHEN: Every Monday morning
WHERE: Warriors of the Light (Academy), 9 Capella Court – Hunt Club and Prince of Wales.
COST: $7 per mommy and child, $10 per mommy and 2 children+ (monthly packages available, please contact us for more information)