September is coming to a close, and with it, the end of our summer festival season. Even the small-town fairs are wrapping up this week as the Metcalfe Fair marks the last of the series. You can catch it Thursday to Sunday at the Metcalfe Fairgrounds. It’s a busy weekend again in Ottawa! Along with the Metcalfe Fair, you can also find Oktoberfest Ottawa running in Barrhaven from Thursday to Sunday, and it’s always a great time!! The Ottawa International Animation Festival is running Wednesday to Sunday, the latest Geek Market is on at the Nepean Sportsplex Friday to Sunday and finally, you can find the Fall Home Show at the EY Centre Friday to Sunday.
Theatre season has hit and is in full swing. The Last Spartan starts this week at the Gladstone, and School of Rock is running all week at the NAC. If you remember the nightly event “Soirée” last spring put on by Dinner4Four, you’ll be happy to know that they have done it again with a second edition of that successful event. This time, it’s called “Récolte” and runs from September 27th – October 28th. This series of dinners allows you to eat a gourmet meal in a dome located beside the Rideau Canal at Terrace on the Canal. It looks amazing!! Tickets have sold really fast with only a few remaining, so make sure to grab them quickly!! Click here for full details.
My top three events of the week (actually 4…I couldn’t choose):
- Power of Success: Tony Robbins and Friends Live (Shaw Centre, Wednesday)
- Jenga Tournament (The Laff, Monday Night)
- Pillow Fight (Lifestyle Centre, Saturday)
- Jenn Hayward Show (Collab Space, Thursday Night)
- In case you didn’t notice, there were some web issues a couple weeks ago that made it so I couldn’t get a weekly post out. Then last week, I was bogged down with Cityfolk festival. So, I’ve decided to change up the weekly post now. As I’ve become busier with the website, I’m going to shorten this just to point out the highlights. The full events calendar is still up and running and will remain that way, I just won’t have all the events typed out on this weekly post anymore as there are simply too many things going on in Ottawa.
- Last week, I attended “The Last Five Years” put on by Orpheus. You can read the event review by clicking here!
If you’re hosting an event in the future, I offer advertising and promotion packages…please click on: Promote your Event on the main menu for details. I now also offer the ability to sell your event tickets through my site at a competitive price so why not stay local!! Please contact me for more information as I have many promotional packages available that can be tailored to your needs.